Transition to Windows 10
Microsoft has announced the end of extended support for Windows 7 on 14 January, 2020. End of support means Microsoft will no longer provide automatic fixes, security updates and technical support for Windows 7. To prepare for this, ICTO will arrange operating system upgrades from Windows 7 to Windows 10 gradually for all computers issued by ICTO.
ICTO carried out the campus wide upgrade of Windows to version 10 starting from December 2017. All newly installed computers will have Windows 10 installed by default.
During December 2017 to March 2018, we had upgraded over 650 desktop and notebook users.
Starting January 2019, ICTO continues to arrange upgrade of over 400 desktop and notebook users. For other users, we will upgrade the computers gradually according to the computer’s years of use.
The list of standard software we installed on Windows 10 is listed here.
Some legacy applications used in the University do not work on Windows 10, e.g. Oracle 6i Form. For this, We provide Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) to facilitate our users running legacy applications with an older operating system inside Windows 10 environment. See FAQ.
To help you navigate the changes after upgrading to Windows 10, we’ve collated a selection of resources to highlight it’s key changes and new features.
- The new features of Windows 10
- What’s the difference between Windows 10 & Windows 7 interface?
- How to Log in to Windows 10?
- How to shut down computer in Windows 10?
- How to sign out/switch account in Windows 10?
- How to quickly access Computer Administrative Tools in Windows 10?
- How to pin application shortcut to the Windows 10 Taskbar?
- How to open Control Panel in Windows 10?
- How to run Oracle Form / Report on Windows 10?
Please visit ICTO Knowledge Base for more information.
Training sessions will be arranged corresponding to the upgrade process. Regarding upcoming training information, please check our announcement in E-bulletin Board.
- All staff
Service Available Hours
- Mon – Sun
Service Support Hours
- Mon – Thu
09:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 17:45
09:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 17:30
Support / FAQs
- Please visit ICTO Knowledge Base
- ICTO Help Desk
- Location : Room 2085, 2/F, Central Teaching Building (E5)
- Telephone : 8822 8600
- Email : @