The conference services provide alternative communication channels to our users. The services assist UM members in the organization of online meetings, presentations, interviews, teaching and learning activities such as:
- Online PhD oral defense
- Online PhD or Master student recruitment
- Online staff recruitment
- Online webinar
- Multi-parties (on or off campus) online meeting
- Real time online teaching and global classroom
Zoom Cloud-Based Web Conference
ICTO subscribes a Zoom Cloud-Based Web Conference service. The only equipment needed to connect to the Zoom conferencing software is a computer, mobile or tablet with camera and microphone. It allows user to hold meeting, interview, Oral Defense, Conference or Virtual classroom from their own device (computer, mobile or tablet etc.) simultaneously with up to 300 participants per host.
Zoom Cloud-Based Web Conference allows real-time point-to-point communications as well as multicast communications from one sender to many receivers. It offers data streams of text-based messages, voice and video chat to be shared simultaneously, across geographically dispersed locations.
Once you have started or joined a meeting, you can perform the following actions:
Invite someone to join the meeting by email or just sending a URL (link)
Share your desktop, web pages, documents, photos, videos, or specific application
- Remote control
- Group or private chat
- Mute/unmute audio
- Stop/start video
- Dial-out another user to join your meeting by phone device
- Record the meeting session (To avoid violation of the Personal Data Protection Act, if you are going to record the session during the Zoom meeting, please have the consent of the participants first)
In order to cope with different needs, ICTO provides the below accounts:
|TYPES OF ACCOUNTS||TARGET USERS||PURPOSE||MEETING DURATION||STEP(S) TO USE|
|Basic Account||All UM staff and students||One to one, or multi-parties online meeting||One to one meeting: unlimited
Multi-parties meeting: up to 40 mins
|Please follow the steps here|
|T＆L Account (Teaching and Learning Account)||Academic staff||Teaching and learning activities||Unlimited||
|Faculty Account||Academic units||-Online PhD oral defense
-Online PhD or Master student recruitment
-Online academic staff recruitment
Please contact your Faculty staff to schedule a meeting
DeptID = your Faculty ID
|Residential College Account||Residential college||Academic and student activities||Unlimited||Please contact your Residential College staff to schedule a meeting
DeptID = your College ID
If above accounts can not fulfill your event requirement (for example, more than 300 participants or Webinar account is required), please contact ICTO Helpdesk for arrangement on service subscription (one month lead time is required usually for acquisition procedure).
Download Zoom Client to start
Please click here to download and install the Zoom client for Windows or Mac.
For Android, please visit Google Play to download the Zoom application.
For iOS, please visit the Apple App Store Apple App Store to download the Zoom application.
Hardware Based Video Conference
ICTO has set up hardware based video conference (VC) system at N6-2022. Users can host or join the Zoom Cloud Based Web Conference meeting using the VC system in the mentioned meeting room. It can also provide internet-based real time collaboration for meetings, presentations, teaching and learning activities with the participants around the world using H.323 or SIP protocol. It delivers high-quality video, multi-party conferencing(up to 3 parties).
Video Conference Meeting room at N6-2022
To reserve the video conference service at N6-2022:
- Access to UM Resource Booking System in your browser;
- Login with your UMPASS password;
- Select N6 under Building and click Filter;
- Select available date and time next to N6-2022;
- Enter reservation information on the form;
- Click Create button.
Equipment list of the meeting rooms with VC capacity
*Zoom cloud based web conferencing can be anywhere with your own equipment, but you may also reserve the following equipment or meeting rooms via ICTO for better experience.
|ICTO-NB-01 ~ ICTO-NB-06||
|ICTO-MC-01 ~ ICTO-MC-02||
- User Guide of Zoom Cloud-Based Web Conference Services
- User Guide of VC system (hardware base)
- How to apply Zoom basic account?
- How do I sign in with basic account for Zoom web conference?
- How do I sign in with faculty/RC Zoom account?
- Where do I find the mobile app for Zoom?
- Where can I host the Zoom meeting?
- Can I invite people outside UM to join a Zoom web conference meeting?
- How many participants can join a Zoom meeting?
- How do I schedule a Zoom meeting?
- How to join the Zoom meeting in Mainland China?
Please visit ICTO Knowledge Base for more information.
- Staff and Students
Service Available Hours
- Mon – Sun
Service Support Hours
- Mon – Thu
09:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 17:45
09:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 17:30
Support / FAQs
- Please visit ICTO Knowledge Base for more details of “Conferencing”
- ICTO Help Desk
- Location : Room 2085, 2/F, Central Teaching Building (E5)
- Telephone : 8822 8600
- Email : @