Wired Network Service
The wired network service is provided by the network outlets at offices, student living areas and some classrooms. As IEEE 802.1X port based authentication is implemented for network access control, user needs to authenticate for connection. After successful authentication, the user computer will receive a dynamic IP address.
The network socket installed at offices, classrooms and student dormitories is shown as below. In order to connect to campus wired network, please insert the network cable to the network socket that labelled with blue color and “D-FD” index. Follow the guideline (see the link below) to configure your computer and then authenticate with your UMPASS account to access campus network.
Notes: Some network sockets may be shaded by furniture.
Staff Wired Network Service
- How to connect UM wired network service in classrooms?
- How to connect UM wired network service in Windows 7?
- How to connect UM wired network service in Windows 8?
- How to connect UM wired network service in Windows 10?
- How to connect UM Wired network in Mac OS 10.7 (or higher version)?
- How to use “Enable/Disable 802.1X Authentication Program” in Windows?
Student Wired Network Service
The use of Wired Network Service is governed by the Acceptable Use Policy and Campus Network Rules:
- All users
Service Available Hours
- Mon – Sun
Service Support Hours
- Mon – Thu
09:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 17:45
09:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 17:30
Support / FAQs
- Please visit ICTO Knowledge Base for more details of “Wired Network Service”.
- ICTO Help Desk
- Location : Room 2085, 2/F, Central Teaching Building (E5)
- Telephone : 8822 8600
- Email : @